BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
HerdingDog
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello, I am a student learning Enterprise Miner and currently working through Predictive Modeling with SAS Enterprise Miner: Practical Solutions for Business Applications, Third Edition, by Kattanuri S. Sarma. The book comes with practice files in the form of data sources, programs, and xml files. I have no idea how to open them. The textbook doesn't reference them. There are case files for every chapter in the book. When I open them in word or notepad, it's all xml code. The files are here:

http://support.sas.com/downloads/package.htm?pid=2115 

If anyone can tell me what they are for, how to open them etc. I would be vey grateful. 

Thanks

Dave

1 REPLY 1
gcjfernandez
SAS Employee
You can create EM projects using the Chapter SAS data files and the XML files to create the process flow diagrams described in the chapters. To use the SAS programs files, you need to run in the SAS code node. To create a new diagram, right click the diagram and you will see an option to use an XML file from a folder.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation