BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ylohana
Calcite | Level 5

I have been trying to fit a decision tree model by using a data partition. As long as none of the Training, Validation and Test allocation is set to 0, the model runs fine. However, I want to divide the data into only Training and Test, thus if I set Validation to 0, the data partition node runs fine but the decision tree node gives a run time error. Would appreciate if someone could help me out with this. 

2 REPLIES 2
WendyCzika
SAS Employee

That should work - can you open the results of the Decision Tree node and see if there is a more informative error in the SAS log?

ylohana
Calcite | Level 5
I did some additional runs, turns out the the model runs as long as the ratio is under 70:30 or lower. However, for something like 80:20, this is the error I'm receiving, "ERROR: Run time error was encountered. The system error returned was 1012".

Thanks!

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation