BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Thimmy
Calcite | Level 5
I am trying to build regression model in SAS Viya VDMML through its two components which is SAS Studio and Build Models Section. The model which I would like to build has more than 1 target/dependent variable. I am facing a problem in both SAS Studio and Build Models Section, it is not allowing me to take more than 1 dependent/target variable. I have two questions:-

1. Can we build a model with more than 1 target/dependent variable in SAS Viya VDMML?Yes/No

2. If we can build the model, what are the ways to activate the feature? Is there any options which I need to enable it?
1 REPLY 1
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

I'd be interested in hearing a definitive answer here, because it is my understanding that the Viya models can only have one response variable. It is my understanding that Viya is set up to compare different models on the same data with one Y.

While this is probably fine in some industries, in other industries multiple response variables are a common occurrence, and you may want to maximize Y1 and minimize Y2 using the modelling results. In fact, this capability is built into the JMP software published by SAS, although JMP doesn't have the wide set of model types as Viya.

--
Paige Miller

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation