BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
BhararaTej
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi, 

Good Morning!! Looking to get some help from the community. 

I have a dataset with transaction information for each customers and below is what the data looks like today. 

Customer id      Trans_date            Transaction Amount          Account Balance

12345                12-Nov-17              50                                     50

12345                14-Nov-17              40                                     90

12345                17-Nov-17              -25                                    65

23564                10-Nov-17              15                                     15

23564                18-Nov-17              15                                     30

Basically, every time a single transaction results in increase in account balance, is what I want to capture by customer id (highlighted in red). 

Looking for some expert advice and help. 

Thanks

--TJ

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User

Use the DIF or LAG function to retreive the previous value or difference from previous value.

data want;
set have;

by customerID;

change=dif(account_balance);

if not first.customerId and change>0 then output;

run;

@BhararaTej wrote:

Hi, 

I have a dataset with transaction information for each customers and below is what the data looks like today. 

Customer id      Trans_date            Transaction Amount          Account Balance

12345                12-Nov-17              50                                     50

12345                14-Nov-17              40                                     90

12345                17-Nov-17              -25                                    65

23564                10-Nov-17              15                                     15

23564                18-Nov-17              15                                     30

Basically, every time a single transaction results in increase in account balance, is what I want to capture by customer id (highlighted in red). 

Thanks

--TJ

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Reeza
Super User

Use the DIF or LAG function to retreive the previous value or difference from previous value.

data want;
set have;

by customerID;

change=dif(account_balance);

if not first.customerId and change>0 then output;

run;

@BhararaTej wrote:

Hi, 

Thanks

--TJ

BhararaTej
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks.. I ended up using the lag function and this worked. 

--TJ

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation