BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
C_Ishihara
Calcite | Level 5

First, I admit that I am not a programmer. I use EG and EM to do most of the heavy lifting for me....I hope this forum can help me....

I am using EM 13.2 to prepare data set for text mining. I am trying to find a way to cut several process steps by using the SAS Code Node.

In EG, a conditional date statement reads (below). I need a similar code for Code Node, allowing me to define my data set before Parsing Node and Filter Node.

Accomplishing this may reduce my cycle time dramatically.

---

Updated: I was making a simple error.  Now things work great!

DATA &EM_EXPORT_TRAIN; SET &EM_IMPORT_DATA;

WHERE RECEIVE_DT>='10JAN2014'D;

RUN;

4 REPLIES 4
FriedEgg
SAS Employee

Setup Flow:

flow.png

Look at the macro variables you have available, you will want either _TRAIN or _RAW or something similar:

code_node_macros.png

Setup you export:

code_node_exports.png note that Pass imported data sets to successors is not checked

Enter the code you want to run:

/*this shouldn't really do anything, as &_raw should change each time this node runs anyway, but the macro you have in your example performs a similar function*/

data _null_;

if exist("&_raw.") then call execute("proc sql; drop table &_raw.; quit;");

run;

proc sql;

create table &_raw. as

select t1.name,

t1.milk,

t1.coffee,

t1.tea,

t1.soda,

t1.juice,

t1.beer,

t1.wine,

t1.beverage

from &_train. t1

where t1.beverage like 'b%';

quit;

run_it.png

results.png

C_Ishihara
Calcite | Level 5

FriedEgg, I can still use your example on my next issue.

Thanks,

Cavett 

FriedEgg
SAS Employee

Yep, looks like you figured it out on your own.  Clearly, my example is from a much older version of EMiner.

M_Maldonado
Barite | Level 11

@friedegg thanks for jumping in! The screenshots take quite some time, very appreciated!

I didn't remember the old icons had the "$" sign. Those are so funny.

I hope you get to try some of the new stuff soon (ensemble, HPforest, boosting, etc)!

Take care,

Miguel

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 3 in conversation