BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Matim
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

This is my first time accessing SAS communities and I have a question about a specific section of the software I'm using called Enterprise Miner. In the predictive analysis workspace, I've created three nodes and am working on the fourth node called "Decision Tree". When I create the decision tree and press the "..." button next to Interactive to open the "Interactive Decision Tree Application", I get an error message saying "Run Time error was encountered. Please see the log in the node results window for more details". What's causing this error to occur?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
WendyCzika
SAS Employee

Are you able to open the Results of the Decision Tree node and view the SAS log in there to see if there are more details about the error?

Matim
Obsidian | Level 7

@WendyCzika I was able to view the log to check the source of the error, but all I got was a bunch of code detailing the activities that I did with no block highlighted to describe the error. I saw a number that was highlighted in red and there was no code written next to it. 

Matim
Obsidian | Level 7

I did open the results of the decision tree node and view the SAS log to see the details, but all I got was the code showing my point and click activity. The code was arranged from left-to-right with the number on the left marking the row. The last number in the row had no code explaining what happened and instead is left blank. I was able to somehow find out what the problem was by updating and running each node and re-creating the decision tree node to get the right results. 

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation