BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
r_sethi2001
Calcite | Level 5

I am learning customer segmentation using  E Miner ver 12.3 with the help of the book by Randall S Collica, facing problems in executing the code in Chap 4.

The dataset, code and and the logfile  is included in the zip attachment.

E Miner diagram was created and the path havings NODES :  Data Source(buytest) --->Transform Variables ---->SAS Code

In SAS Code Properties Panel under code editor the attached code was inserted and RUN.

Look forward to help thanks

3 REPLIES 3
rayIII
SAS Employee

Hi. I had to read between the lines a bit (using Interval Inputs: Quantile in the Transform node to create the PCT_VALUE24) but having done that, the flow runs fine for me as you describe it. 

So just make sure you are pressing Run Node, rather than Run Code. 

Ray

r_sethi2001
Calcite | Level 5
thanks Ray for the effort and help
after some effort and a bit of struggle I  managed to run the code as per the text book.
whilst running the code a second time I had to delete the export dataset  EMWS1.EMCODE_TRAIN,  physically from the C drive to avoid the error o
secondly creating the project on the C drive helps, initially i had created the project on the F drive
regards
raman

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation