BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
pmdci
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi there,

I am currently working on SAS Enterprise Miner (v4.3) and I am creating quite a complex model, with connection lines all over the place.

The diagram looks a little sloppy because I only know how to create straight lines. However I noticed that sometimes SAS automatically adds an angle to some lines, thus allowing me to create L shaped connections.

I was wondering if there is a way for me to manually do that to some connection lines? That would greatly improve the presentation of my diagram!

Thank sin advance for the help

Regards,

P.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DougWielenga
SAS Employee

There are not any methods to add angles or vertices to the connecting lines; however, you might consider using one or more Control Point nodes in your diagram.   The Control Point node does not process the data but merely serves as a connecting point to help connect one or more predecessor nodes to one or more subsequent nodes.  Suppose for instance that you had fit 5 different models and you wanted to connect each of them directly to a Model Comparison node, a Score node, and a SAS Code node.   This would ordinarily take 15 connections (5*3=15) but you can put a Control Point in between the modeling nodes and the final nodes which would require only 8 connections.  You could connect each of the 5 modeling nodes to the left side of the Control Point node and you could create 3 more connections to connect the Control Point to the Model Comparison node, the Score node, and the SAS Code node requiring 5+3=8 total connections.   You could likewise use a Control Point to serve as a vertex to move your lines away from the rest of the flow to make the diagram look less cluttered. 

I hope this helps!

Doug

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
DougWielenga
SAS Employee

There are not any methods to add angles or vertices to the connecting lines; however, you might consider using one or more Control Point nodes in your diagram.   The Control Point node does not process the data but merely serves as a connecting point to help connect one or more predecessor nodes to one or more subsequent nodes.  Suppose for instance that you had fit 5 different models and you wanted to connect each of them directly to a Model Comparison node, a Score node, and a SAS Code node.   This would ordinarily take 15 connections (5*3=15) but you can put a Control Point in between the modeling nodes and the final nodes which would require only 8 connections.  You could connect each of the 5 modeling nodes to the left side of the Control Point node and you could create 3 more connections to connect the Control Point to the Model Comparison node, the Score node, and the SAS Code node requiring 5+3=8 total connections.   You could likewise use a Control Point to serve as a vertex to move your lines away from the rest of the flow to make the diagram look less cluttered. 

I hope this helps!

Doug

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation