BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
duttarakhi89
Calcite | Level 5

I need some urgent help in sas . stuck with SAS CASE with this structure .. CASE WHEN variable<= case when condition then when condition then ......... when condition then else end + (numeric value) then .. again starting from outer WHEN CASE variable= case when condition then when condition then ......... when condition then else end + (numeric value) then .. its a big nested kind of ..

what does it mean by end + 3 / end + 6 after inner case ending ... can anyone please help to explain the concept behind end + value

1 REPLY 1
Reeza
Super User

It depends. They could be nesting calculations so adding the output of the CASE statement to 3 or 6 or something else entirely. 
I think you'd have to show the full code, it's hard to tell from what you've posted. Please use the 8th icon in the editor to insert your code which will format it appropriately for the forum.

@duttarakhi89 wrote:

I need some urgent help in sas . stuck with SAS CASE with this structure .. CASE WHEN variable<= case when condition then when condition then ......... when condition then else end + (numeric value) then .. again starting from outer WHEN CASE variable= case when condition then when condition then ......... when condition then else end + (numeric value) then .. its a big nested kind of ..

what does it mean by end + 3 / end + 6 after inner case ending ... can anyone please help to explain the concept behind end + value

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation