BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
crunchit
Obsidian | Level 7

Is there information available on whether SAS offers a procedure for Adaptive Boosting (AdaBoost)?

8 REPLIES 8
sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

Hello,

Is there a specific reason you absolutely want the AdaBoost loss function?
Or would gradient boosting fit your purpose as well?

SAS Tutorial | Gradient Boosting Explained
SAS Users YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wDoiSo8trc

BR, Koen

crunchit
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

Thanks for responding. There's no specific reason, and i believe gradient boosting is an option, too. In fact, there's no clear superior difference between the 2 since they are both tree-based algorithms based on weak learners. I just wondered if there is one for Adaboost for exploring and comparison. Easy to end up in rabbit hole with google searches.

sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

@crunchit wrote:

Easy to end up in rabbit hole with google searches.

You can do a search for AdaBoost 

on lexjansen.com!

Home > Learn SAS > SAS Tips from the Community >
SAS Tip: Learn lexjansen.com
https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Tips-from-the-Community/SAS-Tip-Learn-lexjansen-com/m-p/436336

Koen

sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

I also do my Google searches this way to make sure I get back some relevant content:

• AdaBoost site:lexjansen.com
  • AdaBoost site:blogs.sas.com
  • AdaBoost site:communities.sas.com
  • AdaBoost site:documentation.sas.com

Koen

crunchit
Obsidian | Level 7

Is there information available on whether SAS offers a procedure for Adaptive Boosting (AdaBoost)?

crunchit
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks @Kurt_Bremser  thanks for your suggestion. If it's not a huge ask, can you please share a good one you found? It's quite easy to end up in a rabbit hole with Google searches, and the reason I reached out to this forum. Much appreciated.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 3 in conversation