BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
a_smith12345
Calcite | Level 5

Hello All,

I am a SAS newbie and had a question regarding defifining rules for people names.  What I am trying to do is write a rule which identifies a person's name from a document.  There are few patterns (I am assuming) that have been defined by studying the sample documents. For example. Mr. John Doe (the first two letters with a period after it).  Also, if it is a email cc: and then the next two words would be a name.  I understand that defining the names are very chanllenging which is why we are not looking at 100% accuracy.  But something lie a 70% accuracy would be good.  Can somebody help me with how I can proceed with wiriting the rules? Please! Thanks!!!

1 REPLY 1
Mumbai_1983
Calcite | Level 5

Are you using SAS Enterprise Content Categorization or SAS Contextual Analysis for defining rules for peoples name?

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation