BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Hari
Calcite | Level 5
Hi,

Im trying to construct a decision tree in Interactive Training mode (SAS EM 5.3 and Tree Desktop application).

Till yesterday, I had no issues in building trees/pruning etc, but recently I started getting the following error "Unable to read observation 1 from the model data set. Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted. Requested operation requires a current record." This is encoutered when I click on the Interactive Training ellipsis button in the property panel for Decision tree. After clicking the button, Tree Desktop application opens up but throws a message akin to above.

I tried with other data sets with which I had successfully constructed trees in the past and even with them the same issue is happening..

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Hari
1 REPLY 1
David_Duling
SAS Employee
For this type of problem, please contact SAS Technical Support - great people who will be happy to help you. Good luck!

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation