BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Sonali95-ui
Calcite | Level 5

Sonali95ui_0-1628617292374.png

I am not able to change the level for gross profit to the interval since it is greyed out. I even tried metadata node but it didn't work out too. Can someone please help asap since I need to submit my college project tomorrow? Thanks 🙂

4 REPLIES 4
tom_evans_79
Fluorite | Level 6

I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will be able to give a better answer, but seeing as you're in a rush: As a workaround, could you create a new variable, and define it as being equal to gross profit?

gcjfernandez
SAS Employee

Please select the _ GrossProfit_ and  click explore in the variables window. The distribution of the _grossproft_ may have some characters or some character properties  that may prevent you from change the level from nominal to interval. This is my guess.

WendyCzika
SAS Employee
To confirm this, you can check the box for "Basic" at the top of the Variables dialog and see the Type assigned to the variable. If it's "Character", then you can't change it to interval as @gcjfernandez_gmail_com mentions.
Ksharp
Super User
variable "gross_profit" 's role is TARGET , therefore you can't change it .
It is the Y (dependent variable) of model .

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 in conversation