BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
pcofoche
Fluorite | Level 6

I am new to JMP and after completing the online Statistical Thinking for Industrial Problem Solving course, I have a few questions. How do I save a particular optimized model of say a Bootstrap Forest (after determining it has a desirable R-squared and MSE) and then apply it to predict results on a new test data? How do I see the newly predicted results? This is the whole essence of predictive modelling. Is it possible to see the residual plot of my selected Bootstrap Forest model? The course only presented how to evaluate a model's performance, without showing how to apply the models for future predictions.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User

You probably want to ask this over on the JMP forum.

https://community.jmp.com/

@pcofoche wrote:

I am new to JMP and after completing the online Statistical Thinking for Industrial Problem Solving course, I have a few questions. How do I save a particular optimized model of say a Bootstrap Forest (after determining it has a desirable R-squared and MSE) and then apply it to predict results on a new test data? How do I see the newly predicted results? This is the whole essence of predictive modelling. Is it possible to see the residual plot of my selected Bootstrap Forest model? The course only presented how to evaluate a model's performance, without showing how to apply the models for future predictions.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Reeza
Super User

You probably want to ask this over on the JMP forum.

https://community.jmp.com/

@pcofoche wrote:

Thank you.

pcofoche
Fluorite | Level 6
OK, thanks for pointing me to the JMP forum.
pcofoche
Fluorite | Level 6

My question got resolved at the JMP forum. Thank you.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 in conversation