BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Prajna_450
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I was looking for applying box plot for multiple variables on the same graph, I am unaware if this procedure is possible. If yes! please let me know how I can perform.

I also have another query. I need to execute a qq pot for varibles. please let me know how I can execute this on sas eminer and sas enterprise guide.

Thank you,

Prajna

1 REPLY 1
MikeStockstill
SAS Employee

Hello Prajna-

In Enterprise Miner, you can use a SAS Code node to run PROC UNIVARIATE to get the plots.  Here is a tip from our Communities page.  

Tip: Saving ODS Graphics in a SAS Code Node

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Communities-Library/Tip-Saving-ODS-Graphics-in-a-SAS-Code-Node/ta...

Below, I modified the code from that tip for you in a way that you can use to create a normal probability plot.

- Connect a SAS Code node after the Regression node (or after the Metadata node).

- Select the Code Editor property.

- Enter this code:

%let name = npplot;

%let type= PDF;

%let description = my normal probability plot;

%em_register(key=&name, type=FILE, extension=&type);

ods &type file="&&em_user_&name";

/* put code here that you use to generate ODS graphics */

ods graphics on;

ods graphics;

proc univariate data=&EM_IMPORT_DATA plot normal;

var r_:;

run;

ods graphics off;

/* end of code for ODS graphics */

ods &type close;

%em_report(key=&name, block=MODEL, viewtype=FILEVIEWER, autodisplay=Y, description=&description);

- Close the Code Editor window.

- Run the node.  View the results.  A PDF is created with the PROC UNIVARIATE results.

Here is documentation about PROC UNIVARIATE in case you want to make any customizations.

Base SAS(R) 9.4 Procedures Guide: Statistical Procedures, Second Edition

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/procstat/66703/HTML/default/viewer.htm#procstat_univaria... 

Have a good week!

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation