BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Hank
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I have a dataset with a set of numeric variables. The names are like "a_1" to "a_8" up to "f_1" to "f_6". So the names are a letter, underscore and a number  (not all the numeric variables are like this, but most of them).

I want to remove all the zeroes in the numeric variables with the structure like the one above. But I cant get any kind of wildcards to work. Does anyone have any idea?

So far, my attempts has been like:

data dataset1;

set dataset1;

if b%= 0 then b%= ' ' ;

run;

Best regards,

Hank

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
data_null__
Jade | Level 19

You are using the wrong syntax.  You will need to create and ARRAY using a SAS Variable List then you can iterate through the elements in the array and use an IF statement to change the values as you see fit.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
data_null__
Jade | Level 19

You are using the wrong syntax.  You will need to create and ARRAY using a SAS Variable List then you can iterate through the elements in the array and use an IF statement to change the values as you see fit.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation