BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Riteshdell
Quartz | Level 8

Hello All,

I am stuck in a serious problem in SAS Di studio regrading regestering tables of DB 2.

My source is DB 2 and target is also DB 2.

For Both I have created a DB2 library.

suppose source having a table consist 10 column,

But to load in target I have some extra column.

So All the target tables I Need to create.

I have only one way with using pass though create table statemnt , which I am using. Table is getting created under DB2 library.

But when I am regestering table in SAS DI studio from Register table option by selecting DB2 library, it is throwing below error:

Column is not registered.

So column in not appearing in Tables.

This is the issue.

Can any body help.me on same what could be the scenario.

1) is it proper connection issue with SAs.

2) do we require any additional option for DB 2 library and setup configuration.

3) admin issue.

Please help me if it is possible.

Thanks,

Ritesh

2 REPLIES 2
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @Riteshdell,

just a question: did you already tried to Update the Metadata of the table, and run your DI code again? Everytime you modify the DDL of your database (or SAS dataset), if this table is registered on the metadata, you will need to update the table metadata before running any code.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
So you have a job already but not with target table in it yet?
Please show the full log from the register table event.
Perhaps you have a column with a data type that does not supported by the SAS/ACCESS engine?
Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation