BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
shrikantpwc
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Team,

Few of my jobs are getting failed due to insufficient storage, my work file location having sufficient space. /tmp/ getting utilised by job for sorting and joining. 

my question is can we change the location of this sorting and joining location permentalty.

Thanks

-shrikant Suvarnkar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

SAS DI is meant to be a managed environment for running production jobs. If you're having storage issues, you should discuss it with your SAS administrators to ensure changes are made to the environment to prevent these problems from happening.

Tom

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
yabwon
Onyx | Level 15

HI,

I think you could use the USER library idea:

libname USER ("%sysfunc(pathname(work))" "/temp/");

It allow you to write codes like:

data OUTPUT;
  set sashelp.class;
run;

and the OUTPUT dataset will be stored in the USER library, so you don't have to change your code to much if you' were using "single name dataset"(i.e. without work. before dataset name)  to store data in WORK.

But you have to remember that you have to clean USER up yourself after SAS session ends.

All the best

Bart

"SAS Packages: the way to share" at SGF2020 Proceedings (the latest version), GitHub Repository, and YouTube Video.
Hands-on-Workshop: "Share your code with SAS Packages"
"My First SAS Package: A How-To" at SGF2021 Proceedings

SAS Ballot Ideas: one: SPF in SAS, two, and three
SAS Documentation

shrikantpwc
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks,

Can we perform this in SAS DI. By default Sort and join operation area is /tmp, and I want it to change to any other directory location.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

You need to set UTILLOC in the sasv9_usermods.cfg file of the server context that DI uses (e.g. in the SASApp directory, not in SASApp/WorkspaceServer).

yabwon
Onyx | Level 15

Other approach would be to change the UTILLOC= System Option, see: https://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=lesysoptsref&docsetTarget=p1texr4rxo0ipyn1ovajj11raccx.htm&d...

But it is Configuration file/SAS invocation option so

-you will need admin help if you work with EG or

-if you could work with command line interface you could do it yourself.

Bart

"SAS Packages: the way to share" at SGF2020 Proceedings (the latest version), GitHub Repository, and YouTube Video.
Hands-on-Workshop: "Share your code with SAS Packages"
"My First SAS Package: A How-To" at SGF2021 Proceedings

SAS Ballot Ideas: one: SPF in SAS, two, and three
SAS Documentation

AhmedAl_Attar
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

The default setting for the WORK library on Linux is /tmp. You can double check that setting by running the following statement in Code Editor from within SAS Data Integration Studio. Tools --> Code Editor

%put %sysfunc(pathname(work));

The result will be placed in the log tab.

To get around this issue, there are few options

1. Ask your SAS Administrator to redirect/change the -WORK setting to point to a different more sizable directory/file-system, by modifying the <SASHome>/SASFoundation/9.4/sasv9_local.cfg file
  2. Create your own custom sasv9.cfg file and save it in your own $HOME directory on the Linux Compute Server(s)

Hope this helps,

Ahmed  

TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

SAS DI is meant to be a managed environment for running production jobs. If you're having storage issues, you should discuss it with your SAS administrators to ensure changes are made to the environment to prevent these problems from happening.

Tom

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation