BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
shivamarrora0
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi All,

i am learning SAS, i go through many resume and everyone of them mention the sanity check .

may i know what are variable include and sanity check , what key should i considere while sanity  and more important if i appear in any imterview what are the sanity check you all do in real time scenerios.

Thank you all.

4 REPLIES 4
Reeza
Super User

Are you learning SAS Base? 

In my ten+ years of working with SAS I've never heard a specific term 'sanity check'. My interpretation of that, is: "Stop, check your results. Do they make logical sense?"

And I have never seen "sanity check" on a resume.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Sanity check is a high level word that project managers and business stakeholders might use. Anything in a system can be checked: data, programs, structure, documentation, processes and so on. It's not a specific thing.
Data never sleeps
ballardw
Super User

Could this possibly be a translation issue? Jargon or "buzzword" terms may not translate well word by word.

PGStats
Opal | Level 21

Look up the expression in Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanity_check

I guess it means checking for obvious errors, such as negative ages or heartbeat rates over 1000, etc.

PG

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 in conversation