BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
AlyssaH
Obsidian | Level 7

After updating /reinstalling sas university edition, all of my tables saved in myfolders have zero rows and zero observations. I'm feeling very worried - what happened to all of my data? In windows, I don't have another application (other than SAS) to open the tables to see if the tables were all ruined. How can I retrieve my data? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Norman21
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

"How can I retrieve my data? "

Restore from backup.

You do have a backup, don't you ...?

Norman.
SAS 9.4 (TS1M6) X64_10PRO WIN 10.0.17763 Workstation

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Norman21
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

"How can I retrieve my data? "

Restore from backup.

You do have a backup, don't you ...?

Norman.

AlyssaH
Obsidian | Level 7

I do not know how to access a previous version through my computer. I don't have another copy. 

Norman21
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

You could try installing the free SAS Universal Viewer, probably on another computer:

http://support.sas.com/software/products/univiewer/index.html

Norman.

AlyssaH
Obsidian | Level 7

I have one computer. I've already installed the update twice. 

AlyssaH
Obsidian | Level 7

I decided to give up on solving the issue. Instead, I started with a previous table and recreated all the tables i lost with the code I saved. This problem is solved. thank you. Although I am curious as to why the problem occurred in the first place. 

error_prone
Barite | Level 11

@AlyssaH wrote:

After updating /reinstalling sas university edition, all of my tables saved in myfolders have zero rows and zero observations. I'm feeling very worried - what happened to all of my data? In windows, I don't have another application (other than SAS) to open the tables to see if the tables were all ruined. How can I retrieve my data? 

Sounds strange. I don't see an update for sas ue. 

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

@AlyssaH - I know that you're feeling nervous, but as you're already tracking this discussion in another thread, it's best not to start a new one that has less information for responders (who really do want to help!).

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
AlyssaH
Obsidian | Level 7

SAS was updated in July 2017. I recently installed that update.  

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation