BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
barlocaroni
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi, I'm trying to load a SAS dataset extracting data from a Hadoop Hive View.

Is it possible or should I mandatorily use a Hadoop Hive Table ?

Thanks in advance

Carlo

10 REPLIES 10
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
If your view is visible from your SAS/ACCESS libref you should be able to query it, and store the result in any data store available to your SAS session (GIVEN that you have write permissions).
It sounds like you have run into some kind of obstacle. Please provide specific info like a log if you need further assistance.
Data never sleeps
barlocaroni
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi LinusH, I tried again with my Hadoop view (not a table).  Using Options sastrace=',,,d' sastraceloc=saslog nostsuffix I've found in the log a problem in the Hadoop View: there were some text fields defined as "string" so I incurred in the "32767 length" problem and my table was too big for the space allowed. So thank you very much, Carlo

rah12
Calcite | Level 5

Is it possible in sas University Edition to load Hive Data in Sas Table.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
New question, new thread.
And no, only ACCESS to PC Files is included.
Data never sleeps
rah12
Calcite | Level 5

Is it possible in sas 9.4 version.

To load hive table data.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
If you refer to the regular SAS (not University ed), yes with SAS/ACCESS to Hadoop.
Data never sleeps
rah12
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for response . Can we Access Sas with Emr Hive ?

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Emr?
Data never sleeps
rah12
Calcite | Level 5

I have a aws Hive and which files are  stored in S3. Can we accees tables of Hive using Sas?.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
I think your next step is to contact your SAS sales representative. SAS should be happy helping you choosing and designing your analytics environment.
Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation