BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
dancmin
Calcite | Level 5

Hi has anyone used SAS with i2i Datawarehouse?

I would like to know what your experiences were with that...and if you were able to get backend access. 

If now, how you get the csv files from POPiQ/Tracks 

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
RonAgresta
SAS Employee

SAS doesn't provide a SAS/ACCESS engine to i2i. Is ODBC an option - we can connect that way if there is an i2i ODBC driver. Or you could export the data into common flat file formats and we could access it in that form.

SAS can also read from message queues and other streaming sources. Depending on what is available on the i2i side, those might be other options.

Ron

dancmin
Calcite | Level 5
Thanks. thats the same information I got from SAS and i2i. however, they did tell me they were looking into an API engine to connect.

To pull all the data through CSV or what have you will take way too long and way to big.

any ideas?
RonAgresta
SAS Employee

What's your target destination? SAS LASR or SAS data sets? You could see what options i2i provides to write out to other targets as an intermediate step to bring data into SAS. Depending on the target we may have parallel load options that could be used.

Ron

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation