BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
petersteijns
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All,

I'm trying to get the jobname from a SAS DI Studio job as a variable in my DI transformation, so I can write this information to a seperate table. I've created two new columns in an Extract with the JobID and JobName. For the JobID I use the macro &SYSJOBID which resolves nicely. For the JobName I am using &etls_jobName. Unfortunatly this is not working. The error I get is:

"Unable to execute query: SQL passthru expression contained these errors: ERROR: The following columns were not found in the contributing tables: <The actual Jobname>.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong, It seems that the macro is resolving but I am not getting the jobname as a variable in my extract.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jklaverstijn
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
Smells like missing quotation marks around the macro reference ("&etls_jobname") but no way to know for sure.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jklaverstijn
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Can you provide us with the code of the transformation and the actual log? That would greatly help in what seems a simple issue.

Regards,

- Jan.

jklaverstijn
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
Smells like missing quotation marks around the macro reference ("&etls_jobname") but no way to know for sure.
petersteijns
Calcite | Level 5

You my friend, you are a hero. Thanks!

jklaverstijn
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
You're more than welcome. Can you flag the solution?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation