BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Barb_SAS
SAS Employee
Does anyone out there have some good sources for dfPower best practices? How would you approach your first data cleansing project?
Cheers,
Barb
7 REPLIES 7
nar_sas
SAS Employee
There are lots of resources on the dataflux website: www.dataflux.com. Checkout the knowledge center. Another option is to pick up a copy of the "The Data Asset - How Smart Companies Govern their Data for Business Success" by Tony Fisher. You can get a copy from Amazon, and I believe the SAS internal library would also have several copies. It is an excellent primer on best practices for data quality and data management, and includes some good case studies.
Barb_SAS
SAS Employee
I will definitely send the customers to the DF website, I was hoping to find out wonderful websites, etc....
Jo_SAS
Calcite | Level 5
Could you please provide more sample examples of how to do a schemas and QKB..etc by using Dfstudio.
brineer_sas
SAS Employee
Jo,

If you open the HTML dfPower Studio User's Guide and type "scheme" in the Search panel, you will get a list of topics that explain how to create and use scheme files.

If you are looking for something specific that is not included in those topics, can you explain what it is? Then maybe we can provide additional information.
Jo_SAS
Calcite | Level 5
Hi Brineer,

Thanks for your response.

Could you please provide more information about below questions.

1.how to read external data (excel , csv,txt etc). in df studio
2.how to register qkb and how to use
3.how can we create reports and i need to create scheem on the same report
4.how to create architech & profile jobs, if possible could you please provide examples
5. how to plug the df jobs into sas di

Thanks inadvance.
DaveR_SAS
SAS Employee
Jo,

To read external files, see the DI Studio User Guide chapter "Working with External Files" : http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/etlug/62233/HTML/default/p0rhnqjrb6tje9n1jyfk9h4kn386.ht...

For all DI Studio doc related to DataFlux data quality . . . display the help in DI Studio, click the Search tab and search for "Working with Data Quality Transformations."

For the creation of architech & profile jobs in dfPower Studio -- see dfPower Studio documentation.

For how to reference df jobs into sas di -- see "Working with Data Quality Transformations" above.
nar_sas
SAS Employee
Here is another good site: www.dataroundtable.com

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation