fre
Quartz | Level 8 fre
Quartz | Level 8

* deleted, not a good question *

2 REPLIES 2
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

SAS has tools for parsing XML, but it assumes the XML is in a file and not in a variable.

I would import the first spreadsheet and write the XML into a file and try importing that.

PS. Your XLSX files are hard to view on the SAS website. The first one doesn't show the full XML in the column you mentioned and the second one doesn't render at all. You should just paste an example of the XML as text into your question (use the {i} icon to paste into a code box to preserve formatting) if you want help with how to parse it.

fre
Quartz | Level 8 fre
Quartz | Level 8

Thank you Tom for your suggestion.

I've integrated the XML code in the original question.

Hope this is more clear now.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation