BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Shakti_Sourav
Quartz | Level 8

Dear Team,

I have created a data job and my final table is in Excel but wants to store in Oracle directly.

please go through the  attached one screenshot for your references. and let me know if required any further details. 

Shakti_Sourav_0-1651748117328.png

Thank You

Shakti

3 REPLIES 3
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I'm not too familiar with this but my understanding is you will need to create an ODBC data connection in the Data Tab in Dataflux Data Management Studio. This will point to the Oracle schema where you want your new table to be stored. Unless you have "Create Table" permissions in this schema you will have to get a DBA to create the table for you.

Then in the Folder Tab, open your Dataflux job and replace your text file output node with a Data Target (Insert) node. This node is for inserting rows which is what I guess you want to do. In the properties of this node point to the required table listed in the Oracle data connection. 

audrey
SAS Employee

A quick addition: you can create the connection to your Oracle database directly from the Windows ODBC Administrator (32 bits to match Data Management Studio)

www.sas.comsupport.sas.com
SAS®... THE POWER TO KNOW®
RacheLGomez123
Fluorite | Level 6
Perform the following steps to create a new DBMS-based repository for DataFlux Data Management Studio.

Click on the Administration riser bar.
Select the Repository Definitions folder in the tree. The Repository Definitions pane displays on the right.
In the Repository Definitions pane, click on the New button to create the new repository. The New Repository Definition dialog appears
Enter the name of your repository in the Name field.
Select the Database connection control.
Use the connection Name field to select an ODBC DSN connection or a SAS Federation Server connection to the database where the tables for the repository are created.

Example database connection name: Oracle11g
Specify a table prefix, if desired. A unique table prefix enables you to distinguish the tables that are associated with a particular repository from other tables that might be stored in the same database connection. If you enter a prefix that includes a period, the portion to the left of the period will be considered to be the name of an existing schema. For example, you specify WIP.REPOS as a prefix, the repository creation will fail if there is no WIP schema in the database.
Specify a File storage location. The client might perform best when the File storage location is local to DataFlux Data Management Studio.

Example file storage folder:
C:\prod_repos\FileStorage

Select or deselect the Connect to repository at startup checkbox as appropriate.
Select or deselect the Private checkbox as appropriate.
Click on the OK button. A new repository definition file (.RCF file) is created. It is saved to the location specified by the selection or deselection of the Private checkbox. A new repository database is created in the location that is specified in the Data storage area of the definition. You are connected to the new repository.
To verify that you are connected to the repository, select the repository in the Administration riser bar. The Status pane should indicate that you are connected to the repository.

Regards,
Rachel Gomez

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation