BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Jade_SAS
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi All,

I installed Java jre1.8.0_121 to make everthing works for Teradata studio, but the SAS web application (I am using SAS server on LInux) seems not working anymore. I have three quick questions:

1) Which Java version works for SAS web application (SAS EM and SAS Forecast Studio)? 

2) Is it possible I keep an old version of Java to make it for SAS and higher verison of Jave to make it work for Teradata studio?

3) if 2) is yes, then how to point the old version of Java to SAS and higher version of Java to Teradata studio?

Thanks,

Jade

4 REPLIES 4
ballardw
Super User

When you updated by any chance did you remove the old (or any other) installed JRE?

SAS has been known to be pretty picky about the versions of Java used.

If you run Proc options; Run; do you get output with a value for JREOPTIONS? That would show where SAS is looking for Java and if any of those files were moved or uninstalled that could be the problem.

If the old version is installed SAS can use the old one and other applications the default, or at least that has been the case for me in the past. The files would have to be as shown in the JREOPTIONS.

Jade_SAS
Pyrite | Level 9

Thanks, the JREOPTIONS show below:

JREOPTIONS=( -DPFS_TEMPLATE=/sas/install/sashome/SASFoundation/9.4/misc/tkjava/qrpfstpt.xml

-Djava.class.path=/sas/install/sashome/SASVersionedJarRepository/eclipse/plugins/sas.launcher.jar

-Djava.security.auth.login.config=/sas/install/sashome/SASFoundation/9.4/misc/tkjava/sas.login.config

-Djava.security.policy=/sas/install/sashome/SASFoundation/9.4/misc/tkjava/sas.policy

-Djava.system.class.loader=com.sas.app.AppClassLoader

-Dlog4j.configuration=file:/sas/install/sashome/SASFoundation/9.4/misc/tkjava/sas.log4j.properties

-Dsas.app.class.path=/sas/install/sashome/SASVersionedJarRepository/eclipse/plugins/tkjava.jar

-Dsas.ext.config=/sas/install/sashome/SASFoundation/9.4/misc/tkjava/sas.java.ext.config

-Dtkj.app.launch.config=/sas/install/sashome/SASVersionedJarRepository/picklist )

You mean you managed to have two version of JAVA(SAS using the old Java and the other applicattions using new version Java?)? How did you manage to do it?

Thank you!

ballardw
Super User

In my case involved finding out which version of java sas wanted and reinstalling.

I currently have

jre1.5.0_12

jre1.6.0_24

jre1.8.0_121

That last was updated about 4 weeks and is likely used by the other processes but the current SAS instal I have is useing the 1.5 (Because I have an older version of SAS for management reasons)

Jade_SAS
Pyrite | Level 9

Thank you Ballardw!

How did you manage different applications (SAS or other applications) use different Java versions (jre1.5.0_12 or jre1.8.0_121)? Could you please let me know how did you do that? Thank you!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation