BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Jade_SAS
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi all,

My quick question is what are the libraries when you at the step of "select the data set that you want to Forecast" in SAS Forecast Studio? The libraries I can see in Forecast studio are attached. BTW, I am using SAS Forecast Studio in SAS linux server.

1) I only can see the base SAS libraries such as Sashelp, Sasuser and work etc.  I could not load my forecast data to any of these libraries.

2) If you have extra libraries (compare to my attached list) that you can load your forecasting data to there, please let me know who have the right to set up that library and how to do that?

Your help is appreciated! Really want to start to load my data and do forecasting!

Thanks,

Jade

Library_available.PNG
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

@Jade_SAS

When you connect with SAS Forecast Studio to a SAS server a SAS session gets invoked for you. As part of this session invocation SAS libraries get assigned.

Because this library assignment happens as part of SAS invocation the library definitions must be in a place where the SAS invocation process will pick it up.

Ideally that's in SAS Metadata. Using SAS Management Console you can define additional libraries in SAS Metadata (must be pre-assigned). Implementation of such SAS Metadata definitions are likely a SAS Admin task.

Alternatively you can also define such library definitions in a SAS Autoexec. That's the old way of doing things and using SAS Metadata instead is the preferred way. Changes to a SAS Autoexec are a SAS Admin task.

So: Contact the SAS Admin at your site and request the library definitions you need.

More detail here: http://support.sas.com/kb/56/423.html 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

@Jade_SAS

When you connect with SAS Forecast Studio to a SAS server a SAS session gets invoked for you. As part of this session invocation SAS libraries get assigned.

Because this library assignment happens as part of SAS invocation the library definitions must be in a place where the SAS invocation process will pick it up.

Ideally that's in SAS Metadata. Using SAS Management Console you can define additional libraries in SAS Metadata (must be pre-assigned). Implementation of such SAS Metadata definitions are likely a SAS Admin task.

Alternatively you can also define such library definitions in a SAS Autoexec. That's the old way of doing things and using SAS Metadata instead is the preferred way. Changes to a SAS Autoexec are a SAS Admin task.

So: Contact the SAS Admin at your site and request the library definitions you need.

More detail here: http://support.sas.com/kb/56/423.html 

Jade_SAS
Pyrite | Level 9

@PatrickThank you! Is there any specifics about the library in SAS Forecast Studio? I don't know how to mention to the admin about the library.

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

Hi @Jade_SAS

You want to access data which is stored either in a database or as SAS files in a folder. In order to do so you need a SAS Library defined which points to this location. That's how SAS works and you can expect a SAS Admin to understand this.

Should there be something unclear then it's fully documented under:

"SAS Forecast Server Administrator's Guide" chapter "Creating and Configuring Libraries"

Jade_SAS
Pyrite | Level 9

Thank you, I will discuss with SAS admin

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation