BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Liangck
Calcite | Level 5

Dear all,

is there anyone here facing problem that when running a job, sas ignore your user written code?(does not process it) and it show process fullly successfully?.

is there anyone here have any idea what actuallly is occur? is that the marco or any admin stuff?

Regards

Liangck

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nar_sas
SAS Employee

Looking at the code in the code tab and in the log will show you if your user written code is being included in the job and if it was submitted successfully.  One thing that could cause this is if you have set the entire job to be user written, or have turned the node off in the client.  You can tell if the entire job is user written if you open the job;  there will be a note at the top of the job indicating that it is all user written.  Turning off the node will grey the node out in the client. 

If you still can't get the node to be included, I suggest you open a track with tech support and they can help you determine why the code is not getting included in the job. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ieva
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi,

Does it ignore all code? Maybe it could be some syntax error.

For example, some if or %if condition that is not true so further code is not processed.

Ieva

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Not really. Is it a specific transformation? What version are you using?

Sometimes the SQL Join is a bit "slow", you might have to save, leave and enter to make your code in effect.

/Linus

Data never sleeps
Liangck
Calcite | Level 5

Hi ieva and LinusH:

Thanks for reply. i using DI 4.2.

Erm..it happen so studenly on last week. still dint figure out what is the problem.

syntax error...maybe. but isnt it di studio help can help us game out a log that show what goes wrong. Such as variable &a not resolove blar blar blar..

Beside, i dint use any transformation other than user written code.

sometime, when i open the job and run it. it work and show some error. but after that i made some changest to the code, i ran again. the code status is FULLY successfully AND i go for the log to made a view.

what i saw is my log only have 200++ line instead of 6000++ line(when able to process).

may be is our team wrong =="

just affaird when deploy will came out this kind of problem.

@$@^@$&*@$ totally no idea...

I AM SORRY FOR MY POOR ENGLISH.....

PS:Agree to LinusH, SQl join quite "slow".......

Regards:

Liangck

Halaku
Obsidian | Level 7

You can use:

%put your variable name

to verify that you actually have returning values and use this at different steps to debug the code.

Then after running the job you can open the LOG tab and look for the returning values to confirm that the code actually runs.

Liangck
Calcite | Level 5

Halaku:

ya, i do it all the way with %put ....and i get no result in the log.

totally no idea what happen last time...

now no problem alreadly, it work well, just want to made sure its not happen again.

Anyway,thanks for reply.

LiangCk

nar_sas
SAS Employee

Looking at the code in the code tab and in the log will show you if your user written code is being included in the job and if it was submitted successfully.  One thing that could cause this is if you have set the entire job to be user written, or have turned the node off in the client.  You can tell if the entire job is user written if you open the job;  there will be a note at the top of the job indicating that it is all user written.  Turning off the node will grey the node out in the client. 

If you still can't get the node to be included, I suggest you open a track with tech support and they can help you determine why the code is not getting included in the job. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 5 in conversation