BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
lau77
Calcite | Level 5

Can I write  a text file directly in a table hadoop?

How can I register a text file hadoop in data integration?

When i use a transfer file in hadoop node I have to reister a local text file and a remote text file (in this case hadoop text file) but I don't able to register in hadoop, how can I do?

Thanks

Laura

5 REPLIES 5
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Lot's of questions. Seems you need a crash course in SAS/Hadoop integration.

Have no own experience in this matter. Have you gone trough relevant documentation on the matter?

Try to be more specific in your questions.. I.e what do you exactly mean by a Hadoop text file. Hadoop as I understand it has many layers of data and metadata.

What do you mean that you are not able to register in Hadoop? What are you doing? Error messages?

Data never sleeps
lau77
Calcite | Level 5

HAllo, i start to work whit SAS/hadoop  integration now.

I Don't find a lot documentation in this  matter.

i Have to write a log local file in hadoop, i see trasfert file in hadoop in data integration and i suppose that i have to register the corresponding file in hadoop.

anyway if you have a documentation in this matter.... It will be very usefull form me.... Thanks

laura

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Searching on hadoop on support.sas.com gives 267 hits. Have read through these?

• Procedures Guide
  • ACCESS to Hadoop
  • DI Studio UG
  • Intelligent Platform: Data Administration Guide

And a list of papers I think are quite informative:

http://support.sas.com/dsearch?Find=Search&ct=5240&qt=hadoop&col=suppprd&nh=25&qp=&qc=suppsas&ws=1&q...

Data never sleeps
abl0108
Calcite | Level 5

Laura - 

Did you ever find a solution? 

I'm running into the same issue. I would like to register an external file to Hadoop to use after the Transfer to Hadoop transformation. 

Thanks, 

Avery 

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
This thread is three years old. It would probably be better if start a new one. When doing that, please provide a bit flesh to the bone. Like DIS version, Hadoop distribution / version and more details on your DIS process.
Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation