BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Kam
Calcite | Level 5 Kam
Calcite | Level 5

I am using SAS DI studio and I was wondering if there is a transformaiton to do a bulk update to an Oracle table?

I am currently using the Oracle bulk loader and it runs very fast.  I currently have a SAS data set with 4 columns, one column being the key column on the main oracle table.  The other 3 columns I wanted to update the Oracle table with based off of the key column.

Any ideas on how this can be done quickly?

1 REPLY 1
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
I wasn't aware of that Oracle had bulkload facility for updates. Even so, I don't think that SAS DI Studio can use that out of the box.
For inserts, bulkload can definitely be used. See BULKLOAD and the BL family options.
For the update part, it depends on how many rows that need to be updated. There is no solution that works best for alla cases, so you might do some testing.
From the top of my head I think the the SCD Type 2 Loader have an option to upload records for update. There is also the DBKEY option. So a general advice is first find the optimal way of doing this, and then find the best way to fit it into DI Studio.
Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation