BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ShikhaAgarwal
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All,

I am unable to access the worktables which has my data for profiling through SAS code node.

I have added that table through setting of source bidding.

So my data step contains a file reader and work table writer.

ShikhaAgarwal_0-1591318947167.png

i reference this in process flow as i need to execute some SAS codes.

But SAS code sas the work table doesnt exits

ShikhaAgarwal_0-1591323372705.pngShikhaAgarwal_1-1591323392675.png

I cant see the work table as active tab while filling the source binding details in input.

Where can i see my SAS libraries in dataflux?

6 REPLIES 6
SASKiwi
PROC Star

In the DataFlux Data Management Studio Data tab, in the Data panel, right click on Data Connections and select New Data Connection - SAS Data Set Connection. This will enable you to set up a DataFlux connection to an existing or new SAS data library. I've found it is good practice to define DataFlux SAS Data Set Connections with the same name that you use in SAS as your LIBREF (libname MyLibRef "MySASLibraryPath").

ShikhaAgarwal
Calcite | Level 5
Thanks for you reply SASKiwi.
Can you please also share the documentation page regarding this connection setup as i fail to find much information on the setup
SASKiwi
PROC Star

@ShikhaAgarwal  - As requested Dataflux Doc Link 

The same help doc is available inside DataFlux by selecting Help.

ShikhaAgarwal
Calcite | Level 5
But this link says "You can use the SAS Data Set Connection dialog to connect to a folder that contains one or more SAS data sets"
I dont have sas datasets. Infact i m trying to convert my Azure SQL DB tables into SAS datasets.
How to do that.
I tried using worktables but i cant see my sas codes finding them.
Where can i see work library.
Either i convert all my Azure table into SAS dataset though Libname or dataflux handles .
But neither of the option works.

LIBNAME Azure ODBC DSN=pocsqldbdhs user=CCCCCC pw=XXXX schema=ABC;
ERROR: The ODBC engine cannot be found.
ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement.

the value in the DSN is the windows connection to the server on our local machine.

Even the work table writers and readers are working . Reader is reading only one record at a time while i want it to publish the whole table output to SAS code node.
Kindly suggest.
ShikhaAgarwal
Calcite | Level 5

cant really get how can i make SAS code node read what it receives from previous node.

A simple 

PROC print data=source;

run;

ShikhaAgarwal_2-1591338934611.pngShikhaAgarwal_3-1591339033621.png

Any help on this will be highly appreciated.

We have a client demo next week and I need to resolve this ASAP.

I am quite new to sas.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

The LIBNAME error suggests that the SAS product SAS/ACCESS to ODBC is not installed. You can check what SAS products are installed by running this SAS program:

proc product_status;
run;

However in DataFlux you can also set up a direct ODBC data connection as described the documentation link I sent you. This way does not require SAS/ACCESS to ODBC. As long as you have an installed Azure ODBC driver and a DSN defined it should just work. 

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation