BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Rama_V
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I have been able to see Exact definition available through Match Code Node in Data Flux Management Studio. It has given me good results which is what I wanted.

I was able to open QKB and investigate/Test available definitions like Name, Address etc. Unfortunately, I was unable to see the Exact definition in the QKB.

I would like to see what actions are taken to generate a particular match code.

Could anyone please point me to that definition?

Thanks,

Rama

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mawarn
SAS Employee

Ahh. I understand now. There isn't really an Exact definition in the QKB. Here is the explanation from the DM Studio User Guide Match Codes Node documentation. 

If you specify the Exact value in the drop-down menu, however, a matchcode definition from the QKB is not supplied. Instead, a matchcode is generated that applies UPCASE processing and removes any whitespace from the input string. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mawarn
SAS Employee

Sorry, but I need more information.

1. Are you looking for an Extract definition? 
  2. What locale are you using? 
  3. What match definition are you seeing it in? 
Rama_V
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks for responding to my query.

1. No, I am using Exact definition. I used as it is available in Match codes node in Data Flux Management Studio.(attached the snapshot of job).

Exact Match Definition.PNG

2. I am using English Australia(ENAUS) locale.

list of Match definitions.PNG

3. Exact definition( not sure this answers your question) I have attached the snapshot of the QKB opened in the English Australia locale.

As shown below Name Match definition snapshot, I was able to test ,check results at each step.

I would like to see the similar steps involved in creating match code using Exact definition.

Name Match definition.PNG

mawarn
SAS Employee

Ahh. I understand now. There isn't really an Exact definition in the QKB. Here is the explanation from the DM Studio User Guide Match Codes Node documentation. 

If you specify the Exact value in the drop-down menu, however, a matchcode definition from the QKB is not supplied. Instead, a matchcode is generated that applies UPCASE processing and removes any whitespace from the input string. 

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation