BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Shakti_Sourav
Quartz | Level 8

Dear Team,

We are unable to open a particular job in SAS DI studio Production or live Environment, tried it to restore the job by back up file but it's not working in Production Env.

also we had tried to export the job package and Import again for restore the ETL Job but we failed.

Please suggest, what's the issue and how to resolve it asap.

We are getting the job opening in few seconds and then after immediately closed automatics.

If possible, can you share us the logs query or any path to find the issue ?

Thanks 

Shakti

8 REPLIES 8
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

The best way to get detailed help is to open a ticket to SAS tech support.

Be ready to supply metadata server logs, and DI Studio client logs.

Data never sleeps
sathya66
Barite | Level 11

Hi,

I am unable to open a particular job in DI Studio. When I attempt to load it, DI Studio will load up a new window, work for a few seconds, and then exit without presenting an error message. The same happens when it is tried on other users computers. The issue does not effect any of the other jobs in this project.

I have tried exporting the job and then loading it in DI Studio, but the same issue still occurs. what is the issue with my job

Thanks,

SS

joeFurbee
Community Manager

Hi @sathya66,

We'll need some more information to help you debug. What transform is your job performing? Is it a job with many steps? Can you recover any logs from the crash after restart? 

You may try setting checkpoints in you jobs where you think it may be failing. Here is a video on how to set and use checkpoints in DI.

Join us for SAS Community Trivia
SAS Bowl XLIII, The New SAS Developer Portal
Wednesday, August 14, 2024, at 10 a.m. ET | #SASBowl

sathya66
Barite | Level 11

Hi,

thanks for your reply.

DI job is not opening when I double click on it.

When I attempt to open the DI job (double click on the job ), DI job will load up  for a few seconds(trying to open ), and then exit the job (closing the job by itself).

Thanks,

SS

AllanBowe
Barite | Level 11
Try increasing the memory on your client-
https://www.rawsas.com/improve-performance-of-di-studio-client/

The default is too low for large jobs
/Allan
SAS Challenges - SASensei
MacroCore library for app developers
SAS networking events (BeLux, Germany, UK&I)

Data Workflows, Data Contracts, Data Lineage, Drag & drop excel EUCs to SAS 9 & Viya - Data Controller
DevOps and AppDev on SAS 9 / Viya / Base SAS - SASjs
Shakti_Sourav
Quartz | Level 8

Dear AllanBowe,

I am also getting same issue. Particular job not opening in Production Environments and Backup Job package also not working but when tried it on Development Environment, It's Working fine.

as well we have checked the memory. It's sufficient only 10% of memory used. 

Please suggest, what's the issue and how to resolve it asap.

If possible, can you share the logs query or path to find the issue..

Thanks 

Shakti

sathya66
Barite | Level 11

Hi,

We resolved this by creating the same job with different name. Your metadata might be corrupted and also  memory settings didn't help us.

try below options

1. Delete your job and try importing that job  from development

2. Create same job with different name(you would need to change all the jobname across other ENVs ). 

ErikLund_Jensen
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi @Shakti_Sourav 

This happens now and then. In my experience, this particular behaviour is seen when a work table (or view) has one or more columns with empty names.

It is easy to fix if you have acces to the Metadata Browser found under Solutions -> Accssories in SAS Display Manager (also known as Base SAS).

1. Open the Metadata Browser and connect to the relevant Metatada Server
  2. Make sure you have Brwese mode unchecked.
  3. When the tree is displayed, right-click in the frame and select Find
  4. Enter the search string Column?@Name=' '
  5. If there are any columns without names, a list of objects is displayed.
  6. For each column

- right click on it and select explore from here.

- in the right pane, right click on the Name attribute and select Modify

- enter a column name, just call then A, B C and so on.

Now the job should open, and you can open the transformations, locate the columns with names A, B, C and rename them.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 6 in conversation