BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sanalitics
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi All,

I am unable to open One particular DI job.

Not a huge job.

I could export and import.

When trying to open it attempts to open but disappears.

When trying to deploy the job i get the following error:

"Blank name is invalid"

Appreciate if anyone could help me fix the issue.

Thanks,

Sandeep

4 REPLIES 4
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Is it possible to try on another client?

Another user?

No errors/warnings during import?

Would be interesting to understand what has a blank name...

Check you local DI studio log file for clues (C:\Users\your user id\AppData\Roaming\SAS\SASDataIntegrationStudio\4.90n\DataIntegrationStudio_Log.txt

Check also the metadata server log.

Data never sleeps
sanalitics
Obsidian | Level 7

All users are getting the same error...There is no error while importing...Checked the metadata and the DI local log... but no clue.

I would like to get a clue if somebody has faced such issue before... ?

ErikLund_Jensen
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi @sanalitics 

I work with a big SAS data warehouse (5000+ jobs), and we have experienced the problem on several occations. It was caused by tables having columns with empty names. We don't know for sure how that can happen, but think is has something to do with chek in / check out. 

We have found a solution that I have explained in great detail earlier in this forum. See my answers in a previous thread with the title SAS DI STUDIO ETL NOT OPEN, that was started on january 13, 2021. Please ask if anything needs further explanation.

CCBass
SAS Employee

@sanalitics It would probably be helpful if you could open a track with Technical Support.  Additional information that you provide might give more insight into the problem of blank names that was mentioned.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation