BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
bzadnik
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I hope you will be able to assist me.

I  have not  encountered these two errors so far on Dataflux server behaviour.
With same job doing scanning on the one table I have firstly received
following error:
1. FIRST ERROR:

ROOT][DATAFLOW_4_0]Node DATAFLOW_4 error: [33:EXPRESSION:Traspose PDP data] Expression Plugin - Expression Plugin - Seek in file failed..
2021-09-21T13:40:35,989 INFO [ROOT]Setting Execution State: STOPPING, Error message:(Process Flow - Job terminated due to error in one or more nodes. (DATAFLOW_4:0 - [33:EXPRESSION:Traspose PDP data] Expression Plugin - Expression Plugin - Seek in file failed..))
2021-09-21T13:40:36,006 INFO [ROOT]Process Flow - Job terminated due to error in one or more nodes.

Without any  changes, I have just restarted DataFlux DM Studio, and
than on the Data Management Server ran again same job and got a different error:

2. SECOND ERROR:

ERROR [ROOT][DATAFLOW_4_0]Node DATAFLOW_4 error: [38:SORT:Sort by key] Temporary File Library - Write failed, rc = 112.
2021-09-22T04:13:32,996 INFO [ROOT]Setting Execution State: STOPPING, Error message:(Process Flow - Job terminated due to error in one or more nodes. (DATAFLOW_4:0 - [38:SORT:Sort by key] Temporary File Library - Write failed, rc = 112.))
2021-09-22T04:13:33,010 INFO [ROOT]Process Flow - Job terminated due to error in one or more nodes.
2021-09-22T04:13:33,010 INFO [ROOT]Setting Execution State: ERROR, Error message:(Process Flow - Job terminated due to error in one or more nodes. (DATAFLOW_4:0 - [38:SORT:Sort by key] Temporary File Library - Write failed, rc = 112.))
2021-09-22T04:13:33,031 ERROR Job failed to finalize: Process Flow - Job terminated due to error in one or more nodes. (DATAFLOW_4:0 - [38:SORT:Sort by key] Temporary File Library - Write failed, rc = 112.)
2021-09-22T04:13:33,032

Do you know what these error(s) mean?

Thank you. Boštjan

4 REPLIES 4
audrey
SAS Employee

Hello,

The first error message "Expression Plugin - Seek in file failed" indicates an expression node which uses some function that is trying to access a file is failing. Exactly which file depends on the code in the expression function. This could also be a problem with space available where te Expression node is trying to write.

The second error message "Temporary File Library - Write failed, rc = 112" is also typical of a lack of ressources.

Both seem to indicate a lack of temporary space. Can you check this?

Thanks,

Audrey

www.sas.comsupport.sas.com
SAS®... THE POWER TO KNOW®
bzadnik
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Audrey,

thank you for your answer.

I guess you are referring to a disk space availability.

We have currently 12 GB free and a  6 vCPU permanent processors on the sever 

machine where I am running job.

But, results are written to Oracle database (exadata) that does not reside on same machine

and there should not be any problems regarding space availability.

Can you be more specifici which temp space do you have in mind?

Thank you.

KR Bostjan

audrey
SAS Employee

Yes, I am referring to disk space. Especially TEMP space: it's not because the entire disk is not full that the space allocated for the temp is not full though.

What is your Expression node code doing exactly?

www.sas.comsupport.sas.com
SAS®... THE POWER TO KNOW®
huks
Fluorite | Level 6

hi Audrey,

I have the same problem in a sort and/or clustering node. We tried to change the path of base/temp library to an other with more disk space but no change.How can we change the space allocation for this temp library (on the server and in local) ?

Thanks

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation