BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Anne_A
Quartz | Level 8

Dear community,

I need to use parameters in DI Studio. I have defined the parameters in the "Parameters" tab of the transformation (User Written Code), successfully tested them (each of them uses a specific dynamic list) in the transformation properties but when I run the transformation I do not get any prompt for the parameters.

Does anyone have an idea / hypothesis as to what is missing here?

Many thanks in advance

Cheers

Anne.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

DI Studio is a development tool.

Parameters is meant to be popoluted/assigned values during execution time - main scope is batch mode.

Then of course from a unit testing perspective it would be nice to be able to interctively assign values from the DI Stuido UI. But unfortenately that is not how this works. So you need a way to assign the parameters temporarely, in a pre-step, or if you export the code to a separate code window/Enterprise Guide and assign the parameter value there manually.

Data never sleeps

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

DI Studio is a development tool.

Parameters is meant to be popoluted/assigned values during execution time - main scope is batch mode.

Then of course from a unit testing perspective it would be nice to be able to interctively assign values from the DI Stuido UI. But unfortenately that is not how this works. So you need a way to assign the parameters temporarely, in a pre-step, or if you export the code to a separate code window/Enterprise Guide and assign the parameter value there manually.

Data never sleeps
Anne_A
Quartz | Level 8

Many thanks for your very prompt and clear answer @Linus_H. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation