BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
LuisLeiteBR
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello everybody,

I´m using Dataflux DMStudio 2.6 and experiencing a strange trouble when clicking on the INPUT tab on a Process Job
(See image below)

InputStrangeProblem.PNG

That little blue 'blind' message allways come when try to use the INPUT tab, and I have to use ALT+F4 to close it.
Besides that, when I try to create a new input, the system creates a new blank line.

Have you ever see that?

I proceed with reinstalation of DMStudio and the problem remais the same. 

I welcome any suggestions to solve this.

PS: Platform log attached with error 
"
 ERROR DF.DMStudio - UI Thread Exception:

Recursive call to same automation level peer API is not valid."

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

I got a similar error, (not exact), and SAS stech support got me this working work-around:

"This stacktrace represents a known issue for which there is a workaround.  It is seen only on specific installations and it is thought to be some type of incompatibility between the WPFToolkit.dll that ships with the newer Data Management products.  Possible solutions (aside from the workaround) include making sure video card drivers are up to date and avoiding emulation/assistance software.

The workaround is to download the following zip file which contains the older WPFToolkit.dll - ftp://ftp.sas.com/techsup/download/dataflux/S1032423_Blank_Popup.zip

Rename the existing WPFToolkit.dll in the DMStudio's ...2.6/bin directory and replace it with the one from this zip.  Once you restart DMStudio, the error should no longer occur."

I should be quite safe to try this as long as you keep a copy of the original module. Otherwise, i would open a track to SAS Stech support.
Data never sleeps

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

I got a similar error, (not exact), and SAS stech support got me this working work-around:

"This stacktrace represents a known issue for which there is a workaround.  It is seen only on specific installations and it is thought to be some type of incompatibility between the WPFToolkit.dll that ships with the newer Data Management products.  Possible solutions (aside from the workaround) include making sure video card drivers are up to date and avoiding emulation/assistance software.

The workaround is to download the following zip file which contains the older WPFToolkit.dll - ftp://ftp.sas.com/techsup/download/dataflux/S1032423_Blank_Popup.zip

Rename the existing WPFToolkit.dll in the DMStudio's ...2.6/bin directory and replace it with the one from this zip.  Once you restart DMStudio, the error should no longer occur."

I should be quite safe to try this as long as you keep a copy of the original module. Otherwise, i would open a track to SAS Stech support.
Data never sleeps
LuisLeiteBR
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank´s for your help LinusH,

Replacing the dll works fine to me!
Smiley Happy

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation