BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
pankajkolhe
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Team,

When I read the data in SAS DI from oracle table which contain ADDRESS  field.Address field contain ¿ this special char.

.When SAS DI read this value it convert it into ? but we need as it is like ¿.

I have take  ¿ this value in work table of SAS DI/SAS EG then it work.But it not work for Oracle table

I have also used translate function in  SAS DI but it also not work.

If you have any idea /solution then kindly let me know.

Thanks,

Pankaj Kolhe,

pankajkolhe92@gmail.com

3 REPLIES 3
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Sounds like an encoding issue. Compare the encoding in Oracle with the one that your SAS configuration uses.

Also, some viewers might not always display the stored value correctly due to font constraints or other reasons. 

Data never sleeps
pankajkolhe
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Linush,

Could you please provide the sample code to handle this situation or give me confirmation that  this data cannot be handled by SAS .

I have checked it from my end but it did not work.

Could you please provide the encoding solution .

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Character encoding is not a solution, it's something you need to consider.
If you don't have the means to investigate it yourself contact your Oracle DBA and your SAS admin.
Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation