BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Shukhrat
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello
I have the following problem in SAS DI.
The following warning appears in the control flow window, see screen

join1.PNG

Here is a chart

join2.PNG

Who faced this, please tell me how to fix it? Does the warning affect the result or speed of the process?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ErikLund_Jensen
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi @Shukhrat 

I think it might be caused by the same table being used as input and output. It is just a guess, because a storage system problem prevents me from testing it today, but DI Studio might detect that the table is populated in the insert transformation 3, so it might happen that the table is empty when it is used as input to the join transformation 1. I can't see how it could have any impact on speed or result.

So if the job is complete, i.e. it is able to execute, and the output is as expected, I think you can ignore the warning. Warnings from Flow Control often disappears when the job is saved/closed and opened again. Did you try that?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ErikLund_Jensen
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi @Shukhrat 

I think it might be caused by the same table being used as input and output. It is just a guess, because a storage system problem prevents me from testing it today, but DI Studio might detect that the table is populated in the insert transformation 3, so it might happen that the table is empty when it is used as input to the join transformation 1. I can't see how it could have any impact on speed or result.

So if the job is complete, i.e. it is able to execute, and the output is as expected, I think you can ignore the warning. Warnings from Flow Control often disappears when the job is saved/closed and opened again. Did you try that?

Shukhrat
Fluorite | Level 6
Thanks for the clarification

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation