BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
JanHettema
Fluorite | Level 6

I would like to use a control table (sas table) to define (part of) the name of the input file (sas table) in a DIS job.

For instance in the case where we have a large number of jobs reading year specific input files (sas files)

I would like to create a control table (containing for instance the current year 2017) and then be able to use the content of this control table to steer the inputfile name into my job. So in this case my job will start to use the INPUT_A_2017 and INPUT_B_2017 sas files as input for the job and when I change the datafield in the control file to current year 2018, it will run the same job using the INPUT_A_2018 and INPUT_B_2018 as inputfiles. Where of course these input files 2017 and 2018 have the exact same structure.

If someone could point in a direction I could be persuing to achieve this or to existing information that relates to this question that would be nice. I am trying to use as much standard transformations or user defined transformations to keep it flexible and DIS like, rather than coding it out completely.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

You want to look for parameterized job. You map the values from your control table to macro variables that you can resolve in your specific job. And then you define your metadata object (SAS file = SAS table?) using the macro variable as part of the physical name.

http://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=etlug&docsetTarget=p0vak6rd3mdyxhn100mrlh4jzg2b.htm&docsetVer...

Data never sleeps

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

You want to look for parameterized job. You map the values from your control table to macro variables that you can resolve in your specific job. And then you define your metadata object (SAS file = SAS table?) using the macro variable as part of the physical name.

http://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=etlug&docsetTarget=p0vak6rd3mdyxhn100mrlh4jzg2b.htm&docsetVer...

Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation