BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
mchiappe83
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Everyone,

I need to schedule a Data Job that ends updating an Oracle table. I could obtain a Data Job in SAS DI that, when run manually, updates that table. My trials, until now, couldn't attain that objective.

I'd appreaciate a lot your guidance.

Martín

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mchiappe83
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks everyone for your support. The solution was to reset the DIS security to its original configuration.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

@mchiappe83

If I understand you right then you've got already a working job in DIS and it's now only about how to deploy and schedule a DIS job?

Is that correct? Have you ever scheduled DIS jobs? 

mchiappe83
Obsidian | Level 7

@Patrick Hi Patrick, I have scheduled Data Jobs and I could run the Data Job in DIS. When I run the Data Job in DIS, it performs as expected (reading the source and writing in the destination -an oracle table-). But when scheduled in the console, no writing in the destination occurs. Please confirm if I'm being clear and if you'd need further infor to guide me.

Thanks a lot for your time. Very much appreciated. 

Martín

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

@mchiappe83

I can't add more than what @LinusH wrote.

DIS generates SAS code, your Date Job is in Data Flux, and there is a DIS transformation which allows you to call a Data Flux job out of SAS - so SAS is the wrapper for your Data Flux job.

I assume that running out of DIS means you run that using the DIS client - so it's going to use the user with which you have connected to DIS.

Now you use DIS and deploy your jobs. That creates .sas files (with exactly the same code than what gets executed out of DIS) and a scheduling object. I assume you then use this scheduling object to build a flow which your run via scheduler. Such jobs are run in batch and will use the batch user defined.

If this batch user doesn't have the right privileges - i.e. to access Oracle - then things will fall over. If they do then you'll see this in the log of your batch job. So that's your first place to investigate what's not working.

mchiappe83
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi @Patrick 

When running out of DIS I refer to run the Data Job via the Schedule Manager in the Console. I assume that I do have the privileges, as when I run the Data Job in DIS the update in Oracle it performs as expected. 

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Have you looked in the log?
Also, are you using the same user in both scenarios?
Data never sleeps
mchiappe83
Obsidian | Level 7

@LinusH There is no such thing as a log, as the process ends without any output.
Yes, I'm using the same user in both scenarios.
Many thanks

mchiappe83
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks everyone for your support. The solution was to reset the DIS security to its original configuration.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation