BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Rakeon
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,
I Have Data Integration in local Host , but I have a problem to run a simple job;
Data Integration always asks the UserId an PWS for SASApp. But I'm not able to find that credentials...

Some of you has any suggestion?

6 REPLIES 6
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @Rakeon,

the credentials should be just your own  windows credentials (or another user, such as sasdemo). Just remember you will need to have your user registered in the SAS Metadata with the correct groups and roles, and the right permissions on the Operating system.

Is your Metadata server also in localhost, on a separated server?

Rakeon
Quartz | Level 8

yes, the Metadata Server is in my LocalHost....

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Then, yes, you will need to set up the basic connection pre-requisites for you to connect to the server.

You might find the SAS documentation useful:

https://support.sas.com/documentation/onlinedoc/etls/

Specially the Administration Guide: https://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/bidaag/69847/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p1n7i37hgsanwjn1fx...

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/etlug/67323/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n0d4q75383im3in1ncq3...

But let me try to summarize:

- Local Window settings: read/write permissions on your SASWork, SASUser and MySASTemp locations (Foundation sasv9.cfg), Local Security policy "log on as batch job).

- Metadata: your user should be registered in the metadata (no password required) and attached to the SAS groups and roles as required. Try to test your connection with SAS EG and/or SAS Management Console.

In case you find this complex or you don;t manage to achieve your connection, i would suggest you to contact your SAS Technical Support team, they will be happy to point you to the right direction.

Rakeon
Quartz | Level 8

HI,
I access to my SAS Managment Console with sasadm@saspw account. I see that with the sasadm account I can access to my metadata server. But it isn't enough in order to access to my SAS App server.
I try also to create a new account in User Management, but it doesn't work in order to access my SAS app server.

I use sas 9.4 on windows 10.

Some of you has some suggestion?

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello,

to access your SASApp server you will need an account with enough permissions on the metadata, but also with an external account, on your Windows system. THis windows account (without password), should be registered in the "Accounts" tab of your SAS metadata acocunt.

You will need to grant this windows user read/write to the logs location, the saswork location, the sasuser location, and be part of the "log on as batch job" local security policy. Ask your system admin if you do not have local Administrator rights.

Once you do this, you can validate the SAS Workspace Server (or connect with SAS EG) with your windows account.

Rakeon
Quartz | Level 8

Hi
Finaly I resolved my problems!!!!!
My mistakes was that I wrote the all ID user in lowercase instead of uppercase .

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation