BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
nasharagam
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all,

I am a newbie in SAS SysAdmin and MetaData Admin with a new 9.4 server environment. I am with a team of analysts who are used to using BASE SAS 9.x on individual PC's for years and have not used EG or Studio or any other modern day clients (OA, VA, etc.). I have tested the server environment using EG on my machine to run the existing suite of regular programs, but I am not sure I have a base SAS client for 9.4 (a la SAS 9.3 (English)) you see on individual PC's. Assuming that there's something similar for using the server environment w/o EG or Studio by our analysts, what's the best and fastest way to get trained in setting up multiple clients on the PC network to use the 9.4 server? What's the best course of training for me and what references do I have to prepare for this task?

All responses are welcome. Thanks much in advance.

Best, Nash

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nasharagam
Calcite | Level 5
LinusH,
Thank you very much for your reply. I shall look up some of the docs online, but I am still awaiting some help from SAS people directly.
Best, Nash

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

When it comes to installation, there aren't any/many public trainings. So you are left to read the installation documentation/instructions, and related papers. Search support.sas.com.

To understand the nature of a Intelligence Platform, the is an Administration course that I can recommend.

If you are a bit uncertain what and how to proceed, I recommend that you contact SAS, or a SAS partner that you feel comfortable with. They can help you plan installation, configuration and migration activities.

Data never sleeps
nasharagam
Calcite | Level 5
LinusH,
Thank you very much for your reply. I shall look up some of the docs online, but I am still awaiting some help from SAS people directly.
Best, Nash
RonAgresta
SAS Employee

Hi Nash,

I'm not sure you'll find the information you are looking for here on the Data Management forum. Have you tried the Administration forum? If you haven't taken a look at installation informtion on the SAS support site, it may also be of some use. You can find some training on the support site as well.

If you're really stuck, don't hesitate to open a support track for assistance.

Ron

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation