BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
aj34321
Quartz | Level 8

I got SAS recently installed and it was give me some startup problem initially. There was some problem with editor fonts which i guess did not get registered somehow and the program editor window was not opening.

I reinstalled SAS and program window appears but now I'm facing a strange problem. It shuts down when any excel / access file is imported either by code or by import wizard.

It doesn't shows any exception details. How can i fix this problem.

Rgds, Anil

SAS Import Problem.jpg
4 REPLIES 4
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

First, contact your local SAS representative, If he/she can't help you, I suggest you open track to SAS tech support.

Data never sleeps
ballardw
Super User

Can you post an example of the code used that caused the problem?

Also, this could be operating system related so which OS are you running?

Reeza
Super User

How big are the files you're trying to import?

ns999
Calcite | Level 5

I had a problem with SAS shutting down during a proc import of a CSV as well. The CSV contained a messy text field that I suspect used some "problem characters." See this: 41067 - Using the XML92 engine might generate an error or shut down the SAS® System when the data co...

I cleaned up the messy text field in the CSV a bit, and was able to import successfully.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Today is the last day to save with the early bird rate! Register today for just $695 - $100 off the standard rate.

Plus, pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation