BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Harishankar_90
Calcite | Level 5

Hai...

I am new to SAS and just started with Base Programming. When Iam finished with it, planning to do DI. My query is whether we can integrate SAS with Apache Spark just like we do it with Hadoop. If so, in what language can we do it ie Scala, Mapreduce etc.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JBailey
Barite | Level 11

Hi @Harishankar_90

I am the SAS Product Manager for Data Access and In-Database. Right now, I don't have a good answer for you. We have no specific SAS/ACCESS product for Spark. That being said, it is being looked into. That is all I can say at this time. Stay tuned.

It is true that Data Loader for Hadoop does include Spark functionality but I don't think it covers what you are interested in.

Best wishes,

Jeff

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Not quite, since data loader for Hadoop is separately licenced.
But if you use, you create "directives" that holds the logic you define. They are in turn possible to call from DI Studio:
http://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=etlug&docsetTarget=p1fbrvn25x937sn1vtt5ag9epxfh.htm&docsetVer...

You can execute MapReduce tasks from PROC HADOOP (there's a corresponding transformation) but that wouldn't be Spark I guess.
Data never sleeps
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Data never sleeps
JBailey
Barite | Level 11

Hi @Harishankar_90

I am the SAS Product Manager for Data Access and In-Database. Right now, I don't have a good answer for you. We have no specific SAS/ACCESS product for Spark. That being said, it is being looked into. That is all I can say at this time. Stay tuned.

It is true that Data Loader for Hadoop does include Spark functionality but I don't think it covers what you are interested in.

Best wishes,

Jeff

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation