BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
dtssai
Calcite | Level 5

My sas log and output gets cleared after each query. How can i change this?. I am using SAS data integration Studio 4.21.

3 REPLIES 3
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

I don't have access to SAS DI Studio at the moment (and 4.21 - upgrade!).

Not sure you can stop this.

But, DI Studio is not a query tool, it's ETL construction tool, so I see limited need for preserving logs.

If there is special occasions when wish to save a log, you can do this explicitly/manually.

Data never sleeps
dtssai
Calcite | Level 5

HI LinusH thanks for answering. let me explain you it clearly. i need to look at my log several times for small data comparisions.

And the data sizes which i am dealing are quiet large. so either i have to run all my code at a single stretch to view the log and compare my data or i should manually jot down the numbers somewhere. So here I am asking if it is possible that i my log will append to the previous log which is being created rather than getting rollover.

Thanks

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Not sure exactly what you are looking for in the log, no records, or do you put values to the log?

Either way, if this is for data trouble shooting, I would simply copy/paste the log to a separate document.

If your process is too complicated to handle with standard DI Studio tools/techniques, perhaps try to run the job in Enterprise Guide, where you additional options for program output, as well with simpler ways to ad-hoc query the intermediate results from any data set in your job.

Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation