BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sharon4pal
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello All,

I'm new to SAS and I will like to know what kind of data should be in FSC_CASH_FLOW_FACT and FSC_ACCOUNT_EVENT_FACT.

Kindly advise     

7 REPLIES 7
Amir
PROC Star

Hi,

It's not entirely clear from your question what the context is, so I tried a web search of "FSC_CASH_FLOW_FACT" and one of the links I found was:

https://communities.sas.com/t5/Fraud-and-Financial-Crimes/Where-can-I-find-columns-of-Fact-Dimension...

which might be of some help.

If you need something else then you might need to supply more details for others to respond to.

Regards,

Amir.

sharon4pal
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you Amir,

I was just wondering if fsc_cash_flow_fact and fsc_account_event_fact should hold the same data or if cash_flow_fact table should only contain cash transaction data and account event table should contain ALL transaction data including cash related transactions.

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

@sharon4pal

SAS AML questions go better under "Risk and Fraud"/"Fraud and Financial Crimes" to not confuse people who don't know this SAS solution.

The tables you ask about are both from the SAS AML Core data model. The AML documentation would answer your question.

From memory: FSC_CASH_FLOW FACT is for monetary transactions, FSC_ACCOUNT_EVENT_FACT is for non-monetary transactions (i.e. an inquiry). 

TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

I'm not sure that this is a SAS question. Typically, a FACT table is a component of a data storage mechanism called a "star schema", which can be constructed using any one of a number of technologies, including SAS. Here's some documentation about them. I should warn you, it is an advanced topic for a novice / non-IT user.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_schema

Tom

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Have you checked the documentation? You need a user name and password to access it but I assume you have one since you have the product licensed:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/onlinedoc/securedoc/index_fraudmmgt.html

sharon4pal
Obsidian | Level 7

We did not buy fraud

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

@sharon4pal

If these are not tables from the SAS Anti-Money Laundering (AML) solution data model then one would need to know the data model to answer your question.

If these are tables from the SAS AML model then you need to operate under a valid SAS AML license as else I'd assume you'd be in breach of that license.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation