BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jwhite
Quartz | Level 8

Good Morning Community,

For the past two months, every Sunday morning we get an email the following for two of our three enivronments:

Stack Trace: Some of the hosts in current deployment are not reachable using SAS Deployment Agent. Unreachable host(s): [host_name_here]

The log name reads like this is from a backup process....

Log Name: SASDeploymentBackup9.4.log

Operation Type: backup

I have two questions...as I have yet to fix this...if it even needs to be fixed (then stopping the emails).

1) When I go into the services, it looks like the SAS Deployment Agent is in the 'started' status. I assume it should be working. When we need to restart servers we are aware that the SAS Deployment Agent needs to be restarted last. Was it perhaps set into 'started' prior to some other service that needed to complete first? Why would it be 'started' yet seem not to work?

2) If this is indeed a backup process, it seems like the server backups are working, per the Management Console metadata utilities.

Does anyone have any insight on how to correct this issue so the Deployment Agent is working? Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
AnnaBrown
Community Manager

Hi @jwhite,

If you haven't already, I suggest opening a track with Technical Support for this scenario. Check out this page for information on other ways to contact Tech Support.

Best,

Anna

Join us for SAS Community Trivia
SAS Bowl XXIX, The SAS Hackathon
Wednesday, March 8, 2023, at 10 AM ET | #SASBowl

jwhite
Quartz | Level 8

@AnnaBrown, thanks for the suggestion. I was hoping this was a common enough issue I could find a resolution within the community.

I'll open a ticket since there's been no response here.

Thanks and have a great weekend!

-Jeff

AnnaBrown
Community Manager

Sure thing, @jwhite, you do the same!

Anna

Join us for SAS Community Trivia
SAS Bowl XXIX, The SAS Hackathon
Wednesday, March 8, 2023, at 10 AM ET | #SASBowl

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation