BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
osmelbrito
Obsidian | Level 7
Does anyone have compared Dataflux vs Profisee? I think that Dataflux has more features than Profisee.
1 REPLY 1
MickeyS
SAS Employee
I haven't spent the time to do a deep dive comparison between DataFlux and Profisee, but at a high level I would tell you that DataFlux is laser focused on data quality.  
  • DataFlux can be a "light" ETL tool depending on what you are trying to do with it. 
  • DataFlux is able to perform parsing, standardization, enrichment, matching, and field content identification with little if any coding.
  • The Quality Knowledge Base is used to make classic data quality functions very quick and easy to invoke based on language and location.
  • DataFlux also has the ability to create business rules to look at the structure and content of the table to help users determine how "fit for use" a data element or table is.
  • The interface is built so that users with no programming experience can use DataFlux with little training.  The DataFlux solution is a thick client install.
Profisee says it is MDM for Microsoft fabric.  The Profisee website also says that its solution can perform BI/Analytics, governance, reference data management etc.  

To me it sounds like Profisee is a platform type data management solution.  The better comparison to me would be to compare SAS Viya to the Profisee solution.  SAS Viya has that robust set of data management capabilities as well as the BI/Analytics, modeling, visualization, GenAI, etc. capabilities.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation